Hospice to host glittering charity ball
Birmingham’s John Taylor Hospice is inviting people and businesses to join its Glitter Ball which raises funds to support local families.
The event, which includes a drinks reception, fabulous three course meal and live entertainment, takes place on Friday 7 September – and there are still places available.
There will also be the chance to win fantastic prizes including hotel and spa stays and theatre tickets at an auction and raffle.
The Glitter Ball builds on the success of last year’s Masquerade Ball which saw hundreds of people enjoying an evening out while fundraising to help the hospice.
John Taylor Hospice Director of Income Generation and Marketing Joanna Duggan said the ball is one of the highlights of the hospice events calendar.
“Our Glitter Ball is a chance for people to dress up and enjoy great food, live music and dance and be in with the chance to win lots of great prizes,” she said.
“It’s a great opportunity for companies to reward business contacts, corporate partners and members of their teams by inviting them to a glamorous night out. It’s a chance to network with other professionals from the region and it’s a fun night out for groups of friends and families.
“Plus everyone who attends is also supporting our work providing essential and specialist care for people as they approach the end of their lives.”
The John Taylor Hospice Glitter Ball takes place at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport on Friday 7 September with the drinks reception beginning at 6.45pm.
Individual tickets cost £50 or tables of ten are £500.
To book online visit:
For more information contact the Fundraising Team on 0121 465 2000 or at email@example.com
More about John Taylor Hospice
In the UK, one in three people have been touched by hospice care.
Our purpose is to ease the personal and social cost of illness and untimely death, just a little, every day, through practical help, alleviating pain and rekindling possibility. We work across Birmingham, Solihull and in the West Midlands. Our services are free at the point of delivery.
At home or in the hospice, our staff and volunteers make every moment matter.
Today at John Taylor Hospice
· Today more than 600 people across Birmingham and the West Midlands will receive the care they need from us.
· It costs £15,000 to run all of our services each day – that’s £625 each hour.
John Taylor Hospice facts
· We receive more than 200 new referrals for our services every month.
· Our specialist community nurses help around 250 people and their families weekly.
· Our unique Multi-Disciplinary Team (senior nurse, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, clinical pharmacists, social worker and patient and family support worker) will be working with more than 300 people referred at any one time.
· Our Hospice at Home service can provide intensive palliative care and practical support so people can stay at home with their family, living their life to the end in dignity and safety.
· Our Well-Being Team can provide counselling and bereavement support to our patients and their relatives.
· Our Living Well Centre hosts a 12-week therapeutic programme along with a Fatigue, Anxiety and Breathlessness (FAB) programme and our Pari Passu pain clinic.
· Our In-Patient Unit provides round-the-clock care and there is space for family to stay.